Astrid Orange Cake
Chef : Astrid J. from Roden Netherland
Preparation time : 40 Min
Cooking time : 15 Min
Portions : 8
- Orange jam or lemon jam 40gr
- 2 Fresh short pastry rolled into a disk 250
- 2 Eggs yolks
- Powder sugar 100 gr
- Mascarpone cheese 200 gr
- Frida’s Arancello 2 table spoon
- Fresh Orange 4-5
- Butter for the pan
- 125 ml Whipped Cream
- Heat the oven to 180 degree
- Butter the cake pan with a low border of about 24 cm in diameter.
- Cut the pastry dough out and use it to line the tart pan, wipe the edge of the pan with the palm to remove excess dough from the edge and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Cover the dough with the disk of parchment paper that wrapped it.
- Pour over 250 grams of dried beans.
- Transfer the pan to a pre-heated oven and cook the short pastry for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper and the beans and cook the crust for another 5 minutes.
- Whip the sugar and egg yolks with the electric whisk, add the cold mascarpone and whipped cream a little at a time, continuing to work with the whisk at low speed for a few moments.
- Add at the cream with 2 tablespoons of Frida’s Arancello.
- Take the puff pastry out of the oven and let it cool and then transfer the cream to the center and cover the surface with well-cleaned orange segments from the white filaments.
- Brush the fruit with the heated jam in a small pan.
- Let it cool and serve